Friday, January 1, 2010

2009: Here's your hat, what's your hurry

Lovingly dispatching 2009, sending it on its way, grateful for the many gifts and challenges it delivered, but looking with bright, open eyes to the promise of the new year, the new decade, what feels like an almost-universally shared expectation that "this will be The Year," the year we finally Do It.

So many amazing things about 2009 (full post to come later), but for now I'm just so glad that decade is done. Somewhere I saw it referred to as The Decade of Fear. I just know that the last year was rrrrrough. We had to re-trench, dig deep, re-evaluate everything What a genius opportunity!

Without that, coming in to this year would be so much less conscious for me, less deliberate.

So 2010, bring it on. Whatever you've got in store, no problem - I'm ready.

No comments: