Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Final Countdown: 2 freakin' days!

Liberation is so close at hand!

It's so crazy that I am at the end of this job FINALLY, after what feels like -- and actually, really is -- years of trying to get out there.  I have 12 hours to go, 8 today and 4 tomorrow, and then I'll hand off my keys and parking pass and be done, once and for all, with commuting across the Golden Gate.  Oh hurray for only crossing that body of water when I want to, when I am going to visit family or my beloved Academy of Sciences or something else fun.

This 6-week period of transition has not been easy, to say the least.  Leaving gracefully -- a 2010 intention -- was off-the-mat yoga of the hardest kind.  Grace was sometimes the opposite of what I felt.  But I did it.

Pretty soon, no more 44 miles of pollution per day.  And no more internal pollution either: no more feeling pissed off about this particular set of entrenched dysfunctions, the wide range of unprofessional behavior, the madness at the top.  Done, and on to 2011.

12 hours.

That's it.

Finally!

No comments: