Saturday, January 21, 2012

oh you pretty things

Today is the first morning of the 7-day cleanse I'm doing.  My wrist-alarm woke me at 6, since I knew I'd need time to check off tasks associated with Aforementioned Cleanse (AC) before leaving for work at 7:30.  Sure, it's Saturday, but I have to be at a Board meeting at 8 this morning for my job, make a 5-minute presentation sometime between 9 and noon and then get back to the stuff weekends are made of.  And right now naturally I'm wishing I hadn't gone out last night, wishing I'd been in bed at 8:30 (the bedtime of my dreams) with my book and my notebook and my sweethearts instead of being out until 10 at a loud restaurant/bar in the city and in bed at 11.  But the party was fun, more on that later, and I'm glad I went.

Still, I am definitely going into this day underslept and a smidge crabby if I'm being honest, like a grumpy child dragging my feet about getting ready to go to something I don't want to go, poor pitiful me.

Solution?

Music.

The line "a crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me" floated across my sleepy awareness and then I Googled and then listened with my eyes to David Bowie singing one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums of all time.

Watch and feel instantly better.  Aaaaah, Bowie.


Lyrics | David Bowie lyrics - Oh You Pretty Things lyrics

No comments: